11/6/12

Dear Kim...


This post was inspired by that one person that we all know fills brains with a false reality of the world and epitomizes american consumerism... This is true to such extent, that with simply mentioning the first three letters of her name, you all know who I am talking about... While browsing through instagram I stumbled upon a comment a girl had left on the Man Repeller asking her, "why are you famous? Is it a Kardashian thingy?" Word for word... I couldn't stop myself from bluntly staring at that comment while I digested it slowly... This innocent instragramer's ignorant question was nothing but an example of a mass expression; we let ourselves be fed (many, not all). We swallow and follow what is thrown out to us as "exciting"... even if what we are thrown at is the result of a powerful business women who managed to exploit her talentless daughters from scratch (or well, indecent behaviors I guess). I am not the type of person to write opinions of people in this manner, and I also respect those whom have grown found of this individual. I would lie if I said I haven't watched my share of "keeping up with the kardashians" every now and then... But it was that comment from that girl that set off a tiny but powerful explosion of disgust inside me. The absurdity, in my opinion, that someone so inspiring and talented be less recognized than someone who has nothing (appropriate) to show for their fame was so... disappointing... But it's reality. In any case, at least now Kimmy finally does seem to have somewhat of a purpose. After pairing up with Kanye and becoming his personal barbie doll, dressed by his stylists with impeccable outfits, she at least now can serve as a (somewhat) pleasant sight to see. Again, thanks to instagram I caught sight of her halloween costume and this gorgeous Alice and Olivia green dress reminded me much of her mermaid fish tail that hugged her curves. Not only do I love the colors, but the fact that this long dress is peplum makes me shiver. As usual, I created an outfit around this spectacle... Which includes this fantastic Amadeo ring called the Lava, agate and diamond skull cameo. I mean, it's only $3,035 (FAAACKKKK), and this majestic Dannijo Vala, looking like if it were made for a princess. Finally, last but not least a marvelous delicate Bottega Veneta Intrecciato satin knot clutch, voilaaaa. Now we all just need an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment